Tuesday 26 February 2013

What Dani has learned from living in residence this week (the boring bits)

Today's been a stay-in-my-room-all-day-and-eat-sweets sort of day. Something about not having a weekend to recharge has made me suddenly feel devoid of energy. But on the flip side, since I was feeling down I decided to go shopping and coupled with the fact that I have no money and no food... I did my first online grocery shop!


I tried this website (mySupermarket) recommended by a friend of a friend and filled my grocery cart to the brim and am now so EXCITED to get it delivered tomorrow. 

That's the boring part about living in residence. Grocery shopping. The exciting part is figuring out how it's all going to fit on my one shelf in the fridge and one drawer in the freezer. I almost went with the powdered milk option to save room. And I polished off an old bottle of wine to free up space (it obviously had to be done). It's not just kitchen life that is challenging. There's also drama going on in my flat. The girl in (2.1) was hysterically crying (loudly) for hours yesterday (she has 2 boyfriends so I'm not too surprised) and I think (3.1) has either been arrested for pot, gone on vacation or is dead. I put his mail outside his door last Wednesday and it hasn't moved since. I'm not sure if I should be calling the cops soon or not. I don't want to get him in trouble for possession but I also don't want him to be dead and rotting away. It's a dilemma. Luckily though


before (2.1) had her breakdown she gave me these brownies to finish off and I am happily doing it. So if I have to roll back to Canada so be it. At least I'll be happy.

2 comments:

  1. 3.1 is probably living with his girlfriend at her house (or another mate's place). You did say the police had been there to check up on him hadn't you? Probably scared him off from living there! Bonus - shorter wait for the shower and no take-out containers in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't have a gf as far as I can tell so I hope he's living at a friends place. I haven't smelt anything funny in the hall yet!

      Delete