Saturday 2 February 2013

Liverpool Sunday

Wanna know what I've been craving? Asian food. They have amazing Indian cuisine here but Japanese, Chinese and even Vietnamese is lacking. It's expensive and usually not very good. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear that Liverpool has the oldest Chinatown in Europe. SUPER DUPER.



Want to guess how big it is? One block. Let me repeat. One. Block. And most shops were shuttered shut and derelict. We did finally manage to find a quasi Chinese restaurant that felt semi authentic. AND on the upside we did see some Beatles related sites (basically just the Cavern Club) and went up the Liverpool Wheel (like the London Eye but smaller.) So even though my feet were wet and cold, and the Chinese wasn't that good, we did manage to have a good time. But now my excitement for my planned trip next week is increasing every day. Manchester for Chinese New Years? Yes please!



The smattering of snow melted away for the afternoon.

Isn't it beautiful? So deceiving.

We tried deep fried mars bars that night back in Leeds. OMG why isn't this a part of my regular life?







No comments:

Post a Comment