Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day

I love July first. I'm not usually patriotic throughout the year but for Canada Day I will sing the national anthem at the top of my lungs. But not today. All I want to do is cry. And I have.


x

OK. Enough melodrama. I'm extremely sad to leave my parents and go back to Canada where I have one year of university left. BUT that being said I only have ONE year of university left and big plans for when I graduate. My plan to go teach english for a year in Budapest with a friend looks ever more appealing with each passing day. I loved Budapest and it's a lot closer to both my parents and brother and Anny in Australia (I think) Win-Win. Really. 

I'm sitting in the Air Canada lounge (thanks Dad), sipping red wine and snacking on veggies before my flight, and I am starting to get excited to see people in Edmonton. My siblings especially but also my friends who were so fantastic when my parents left in the fall and I was a bit of a mess. I hate on Edmonton a lot (it feels like) but I have met some amazing people who support me and make it difficult to leave. So here's a list of five things I'm looking forward to this summer.

1. Getting to see my siblings on a regular basis- Yay for being together again! I'm lucky enough to be friends with my siblings and they're the only people who I can have a yelling match with and make up again within five minutes.

2. Klassen cousin reunion- If it happens I will be extremely happy.

3. Girl talks with sister/friends- It's hard to make deep friendships in a few months and I'm looking forward to some serious heart to hearts

4. Camping- I had a lot of fun camping last year and am excited to perhaps go again this summer and see some of Canada's wilderness. 

5. Bicks dill pickles. Enough said. If they're enjoyed with my bestie Amelia so much the more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment