Friday 12 December 2014

Que sera sera

So.

So I'm sure y'all know that I'm planning on moving to Hungary in the New Year (God willing/knock on wood) to teach english for a few years. Oh you didn't? Well I am.






I still haven't locked down a job yet in Hungary and it's been a bit frustrating. Because I leave in 8 days.


8 DAYS.


That is like a week. Roughly. Well a week plus one day to be exact. There's so much I have to get done before I leave. A lot. A lot a lot. And I should be crazy stressed. Except that I'm not. I haven't felt stressed about not having a solid plan. Instead I'm just excited for whatever adventure happens to come my way. Which is pretty passive. I'm trying to be more proactive in my life but there's only so much you can do before you have to sit back and say "que sera sera."


I woke up early this morning to an hour long Skype interview for a bilingual school located on the Buda side in the third district. The third district (according to Wiki) is the oldest and second largest district in Budapest and the school is located at the foot of a tree covered hill. Will I get it? Que sera sera. 


But I want it. That's honest but true. 

In the end it doesn't matter if I get this job or the next one that comes along. A large (such a large) chapter in my life is ending as I graduate from University and new beginnings are on the horizon. 

A running joke among my friends lately is that though we may look like grown ups, we're actually still kids. And though this seems like truth on some days, on other days I think "yeah, maybe I am an adult. Or becoming one at least."

Anyway. Here's to the new challenges that the coming year may bring. Egészségetekre! (One day I will learn how to say this)

1 comment: