Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tog up Tuesday

According to dictionary.com, to tog is a verb that means to dress and is usually followed by up or out. Thank you internet for finding a clothing term that starts with a T. Anyway, I wanted to share the fashion over here and the ways I've noticed that it differs or is similar to Canada's. I don't have any pictures for today, mainly because I thought of this tog up tuesday thing five minutes ago and I just got back from shopping. (For socks. Calm down parents, I'm only buying essentials) So I guess I'll just let you in on what's big in the Leeds student fashion world right now. 


DUFFEL COATS. Yes, they do deserve all caps. Because EVERYONE has one. The young, the old, men, women, children, and the homeless. The UK has a lot of individuality but it also has a few items that seem like a uniform. Duffel coats are one of them. And is it any wonder? You usually look awesome in them and they're pretty cosy to boot. If you're not wearing a duffel coat, you have a giant fur stole on your wool coat. Not really that practical since it doesn't touch your neck but whatevs. You look stylin'. And my personal favourite, Canada Goose jackets. Yep, the ones that you wear when you trek to the South Pole. Worn here in Leeds in above zero weather. Seems like you'd sweat yourself silly in them but that's just me. And now you know the coat sitch in Leeds. Aren't you glad you clicked on that jump link?




Before the snow fell (Anny was ahead of the trend)




1 comment: