Friday 26 April 2013

Leeds life

Life in Leeds is finally settling into a rhythm just as its all about to change for exams. I know the exact time I have to leave my house to arrive a minute before lecture starts (8:59 for a 9:05 class), the amount of money I can spend on food to only have to shop every week and a half (12 pounds) and I've perfected the standard english greeting (hiyah, you alright?) 



Things I still have not perfected: accents. I asked a guy this past week if he was an Aussie. Nope, born and bred in Leeds. I also still haven't mastered which side of the sidewalk to walk on. I thought it was the same side as cars but it apparently doesn't always work that way. It genuinely baffles me. I've made up a very complicated system that involves the gender and age of the person walking towards me that dictates which side I go to. It's still a work in progress. I regularly body check and am body checked by fellow walkers. Keeps me on my toes. 


Life has been pretty quiet here recently, I've finally had to start serious studying for exams, and my one assignment (a lab report) is due next week. Well two assignments if you count the beer we had to make for my alcohol course. We have a very serious taste testing session this sunday (read: picnic) that will help determine our mark. I have no cool pictures of our beer yet so here's some photos from the trip to Scotland over the break and last Saturday's trip to the coast.

McCaig's Tower in Oban, Scotland

Exploring a National Trust Garden just outside of Oban

 This past Saturday at the coast

Excited for the sunshine and seaside

It was an amazing picturesque day


No comments:

Post a Comment